The logo is one of the designs that give recognition to the company. It should be unique, creative and sophisticated. Today, with an increase in digital work, there is a need or proper branding and logo designs too. A lot of companies claim to make unique logo designs, however usually ends up giving plagiarized material. Thus, it is important to know what mistakes are usually made while designing a logo. Here’s the list:
- In order to save time and money, companies do not invest in proper logo designing and rather prefer those who have a little knowledge about the graphical work. It is very much crucial to understand that no matter how much a company invest on the quality of work, improper or unprofessional branding can hinder the client’s interest.
- Many logo design company copy the current concept, which today is more like following the current trend. Needless to say, those trends keep changing and thus this will never provide a long outstanding logo. Therefore, logo design should be unique enough to unique enough to run for decades.
- Improper use of fonts: pictures along with font should go hand in hand. Improper font style or font size should both look professional and match with the design.
- Imitating the popular brands, imitation is always considered as a positive way of doing something. However, in the case of branding, imitation is not appreciated at all. It will be very much obvious which brand have been copied and would make your company look unprofessional.
- There are a lot of companies that claim to offer logo design services. However, sometimes in order to attract the clients, they tend to make complicated logo design and this does more harm rather than providing benefit. Try to keep thing simple and creative.
- Making a literal logo design, when we talk about the simple yet creative logo, this definitely doesn’t mean that logo design should be explicitly simple. Unique things are creative yet simple and easy. This is something which is not mastered easily.
- Excessive use of colors. Colors always attract people but like it is said too much of something can be harmful. Exactly the same way, the logo shouldn’t be overloaded with excessive colors. This way it will lose its charm and uniqueness.
- One biggest mistake logo company usually makes is that they tend to start working without getting the clear knowledge about client’s preference. This way they tend to complicate their work. The best solution to this problem is that companies should design a sample logo for their clients and then gets into further details as per their choice.
- Companies that cannot afford to hire a photographer, tend to use the stock images. This offers a big risk as it can be used by someone else as well. This way the originality of work may get compromised.
- Logo companies tend to complicate their work when they don’t work smart and use simple means while designing the logo. The use of advanced software enables the company to make adjustments and correct the mistakes. However, use of eraser tool may hinder the editing process.
All the above mentioned logo design mistakes are very much common and thus, should be avoided as much as possible.